Introduction and Scope
McKenzie Valve & Machining LLC (“McKenzie Valve & Machining,” “we”, or “us”) is committed to protecting the privacy of all visitors to our internet and mobile website (“Site”).
We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of sixteen (16). Parents or guardians with questions about our practices related to children’s online privacy, or who believe personal information of a child under the age of thirteen has been accidentally provided to us may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information We Collect and How We Collect It
We do not collect any personally identifiable information about you through our services unless you voluntarily provide it. Sometimes we may give the option for you to provide us with personal information that will help us to provide you with information about our products and services, including your name, postal address, e-mail address, phone number, and other information from which your identity is discernible. For example, we may provide places where you can opt in to receiving information from us via a sign up form. If you choose to opt-in, you will be required to enter personally identifiable information.
We may monitor, collect, and store other information, such as location data or usage data (browser type, browser version, duration of page visit, etc.) about you on an aggregate basis. This information is not personally identifiable information. We may collect this information through cookies or other tracking technology, such as web beacons. We may also use certain technologies to determine whether you have opened an email or clicked on a link within an email.
We may collect various types of personal and non-personal information about visitors to our Site either directly or through integrated third-party applications (collectively “Consumer Information”), including:
- Your name, alias, email address, address, telephone/mobile number, and survey information (“Contact Information”);
- Contact Information you submit for someone else;
- Device type and IP address;
- Other personal information you may provide;
We collect Consumer Information when you send us an email, use the Site, register for a mailing list, and/or create an account with us. We also collect information using Cookies, as described below. By filling out forms through our Site, you expressly consent to receiving messages from McKenzie Valve in response to your contact form.
To view the types of Personal Information we have collected, the sources from which we collect your Personal Information, and the categories of third parties with whom we share your Personal Information, consult the chart below.
|Categories of Personal Information as defined by CCPA||Do we collect this type of Personal Information?||Purpose of collecting the Personal Information||Specific Personal Information that may be collected||Categories of sources from which the personal information is collected||Is this category of Personal Information shared with third parties?||Categories of third Parties with which the Personal Information may be shared||Purpose of selling or sharing Personal Information||Can you opt out of this sharing?|
|Identifiers||Yes||To uniquely identify an individual in support of business activities||Names, addresses, email addresses, IP addresses, device identifiers||From you||Yes||Third Party Providers (administration of the Site, data analytics, provision of services and products)||To provide our services and products to you||No (you can opt out of any marketing materials we send to you)|
|Commercial Information||Yes||To support business transactions||Information regarding repairs and/or products||From you through your interactions with us on the Site||Yes||Shipping companies||To provide our services and products to you||No|
|Network Activity||Yes (If you access our website)||To allow access to and optimize our websites||Browser type and version, operating system and platform, browser plug-ins, other technology on your devices||From you||No (but we may share aggregated statistical or demographic data with our Third Party Providers)||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Geolocation Data||Yes (If you access our website)||Personalization||Unique identifiers and your location and ZIP code||From you and your devices||No||N/A||N/A||N/A|
When you visit our Site, we may store information on your computer in the form of a “Cookie,” which will help us in several ways. For example, Cookies allow us to tailor our Site to better match your interests and preferences. With most Internet browsers, you can erase Cookies from your computer hard drive, block all Cookies, or receive a warning before a Cookie is stored. Please be aware, however, that without Cookies, you may not be able to use all of the features of our Site. Through these automated collection methods, we obtain “clickstream data,” which is a log of content on which a visitor clicks while browsing a website. As the visitor clicks through the website, a record of the action may be collected and stored. Some web browsers (including Safari, Internet Explorer, Firefox and Chrome) incorporate a “Do Not Track” (“DNT”) or similar feature that signals to websites that a user does not want to have his or her online activity and behavior tracked. If a website that responds to a particular DNT signal receives the DNT signal, the browser can block that website from collecting certain information about the browser’s user. Not all browsers offer a DNT option and DNT signals are not yet uniform. For this reason, many digital service operators do not recognize or respond to DNT signals. However, if DNT is turned on in your browser, we respect the privacy it provides. Please refer to your browser instructions or help screen to learn more about these functions.
How We Use the Information Collected
In addition to the uses identified above, we may use the information collected through the Site, and integrated third party sites and applications, to further our business purposes, including to:
- Create and manage your account with us;
- Manage, modify, and improve our Site, including your use of our Site;
- Perform data analysis, audits, fraud prevention and monitoring, and to improve and expand our business activities;
- Offer you products and services;
- Respond to inquiries from you and send you information that you request;
- Communicate with you about special offers, promotions, events, and news;
- Send online advertising that may be of interest to you;
- Conduct marketing analysis to improve our products, services, and our Site;
- Review the number of visitors to our Site and identify usage trends;
- Provide an enhanced online experience for visitors to our Site; and
- Comply with all applicable laws and governmental regulations.
We may also use third-party web analytics services and third-party integrations that employ technologies such as Cookies, web server logs and web beacons to help us analyze how visitors use our Site. The information collected is disclosed to these third-party providers, who use the information to evaluate use of our Site. We may also use the information we obtain from you in other ways, for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection.
We may use your personal data to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you. You may opt-out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us by following the unsubscribe link or instructions provided in any email we send or by contacting us at email@example.com or using the contact information provided below.
We may use our email marketing service providers to manage and send emails to you.
How We Share Information
We may share your Personal Information with companies that we partner with (“Third Party Providers”) to obtain services and provide a positive customer experience. Some examples of services that Third Party Providers provide are creation, administration, and hosting of the Site, data analysis, marketing efforts and analysis, and obtaining ratings and feedback on your experiences. We may also share information we obtain from you with our affiliates.
In addition, we may disclose information about you when required to do so by law, regulation or legal process (such as court order or subpoena), in response to requests by government agencies or law enforcement personnel, in connection with an investigation into suspected criminal activity, or when we believe disclosure is necessary to prevent harm. We may also share your information for any other purpose disclosed to you and with your consent.
Personal Information, once de-identified, aggregated, and/or no longer able to specifically identify you, may be shared with third parties for marketing, advertising, analytics, and other purposes, without further obligation to you, so long as not prohibited by applicable law.
How We Protect the Information you Provide
We do not store your information directly. We use third party partners that implement reasonable administrative, technical, and physical safeguards designed to protect the Personal Information and Payment Information you provide from accidental, unauthorized or unlawful access, alteration, disclosure, use, destruction or loss. All Personal and non-Personal Information, including Payment Information collected by us is stored in a secure environment, in some instances by third parties and pursuant to applicable law and generally accepted industry standard levels of security.
Links to Other Sites and Third Party Terms
Your Privacy Rights and Choices
You are not under any obligation to provide us with your Consumer Information. However, if you choose not to provide us with Personal and/or non-Personal Information, we may not be able to provide you with certain services or use of our Site. For example, when you fill out a form through our Site, you must provide us with personal information such as your name, email address and telephone number as well as address.
- California Residents
The CCPA provides California residents with specific rights regarding their personal information. This section describes your CCPA rights and explains how to exercise those rights.
The Right to Know What Information We Have Collected, Disclosed, and Sold
You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the past 12 months.
The Right to Deletion of Personal Information
You have the right to request that we delete any of your personal information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your personal information from our records, unless an exception applies.
We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service provider(s) to:
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, fulfill the terms of a written warranty or product recall conducted in accordance with federal law, or otherwise perform our contract with you.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 et. seq.).
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information’s deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research’s achievement, if you previously provided informed consent.
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
The Right to Opt-Out of the sale of Personal Information to Third Parties
We do not sell Personal Information as defined by the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA).
The Right to Non-Discrimination
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights. Unless permitted by the CCPA, we will not:
- Deny you goods or services.
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
- Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services.
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
Exercising Your CCPA Rights
We will take reasonable steps to verify your identity prior to fulfilling the above requests. You may only make a verifiable consumer request for disclosure or deletion twice within a 12-month period. The verifiable consumer request must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative.
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you. We will only use personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request.
As an additional resource, you may also contact us using the Contact Us section below for any additional questions related to the rights granted under the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA).
Only you, or someone legally authorized to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child.
13. Opt Out of Tracking
You may choose to prevent this website from aggregating and analyzing the actions you take here. Doing so will protect your privacy, but will also prevent the owner from learning from your actions and creating a better experience for you and other users.
Last Updated October 15, 2020
McKenzie Valve & Machining LLC
145 Airport Road
McKenzie, TN 38201